Monday, December 26, 2011

Flourless peanut butter cookies

I am sharing with you today one of our favorite and healthiest cookies, yes those adjectives can actually be used in the same sentence and this is the proof. I can promise you anyone you give those to will give you rave reviews, they will never believe that there is no butter, nor flour. I know that PB has quite a bit of fat in but other PB cookie recipes still call for butter, this one doesn't. 

I first made those cookies with regular chocolate chip but Matt found that the chocolate was over powering, the next time I wanted to make bite size cookies so I use mini-chocolate chips and made a batch without to compare and the mini ones were definitely a winner. You can make regular size cookies (1 tbsp) but I love the bite size ones (1 tsp) I purchased cookie scoops of both sizes, they are great for all kinds of things, you should totally give it a shot!

Oh and did you notice that I added a recipe index??? I am super excited about this addition, next step I need to figure out how to add a printable version of the recipes, I am learning, slowly but I am :)

Flourless peanut butter cookies
Recipe adapted from Two peas and their pod
Ingredients
- 1 c creamy peanut butter (I use all natural PB)  
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 large egg

- 1 tsp vanilla extract

- 1/8 tsp salt

- 1 tsp baking soda

- 3/4 c mini chocolate chips

Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350F  
- Mix the peanut butter and sugar until creamy and smooth.


- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the salt, baking soda, and chocolate chips.

 

- Spoon dough into balls (I use a cookie scoop), about 1 tsp or 1 tbsp of dough. Place them on lined cookie sheets, leaving space to spread.
- Smash with a fork. Bake for 7-12 minutes (depending on size). Let them sit on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes. Move to a wire rack and cool. Make sure you don’t overbake. They will melt in your mouth.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment