Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Prosciutto wrapped, stuffed chicken breast

This was my latest Christmas dinner. When I went grocery shopping the story had already been raided and I could not find any exciting protein. I was hoping for some duck, goose or maybe fish but nothing was calling my name. That's when I thought about that recipe that I came across on Bev's blog, I though that it was simple and yet fancy enough for Christmas, and perfect since it was just my mom and I so I could easily down size it. I tweaked it a little and served it with some potato latke.

My breasts definitely did not look as nice and my wrapping job was a MESS!!! but they did taste good, that's all that matters... right?...
Prosciutto wrapped, stuffed chicken breast 
Recipe adapted from Bev Cooks
Ingredients
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 c aragula
- 1 c shredded mozzarella
- salt and pepper

Direction
 - Butterfly the chicken breasts. Layer 1/2 c shredded cheese, followed by half the arugula. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top and close the chicken breast.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Lay the chicken breast on top of the 2 prosciutto slices and wrap around the breast. (Mine fell appart so I used more slices, I suspect that they were too thin :) )
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts to the pan seam side down and sear on each side, until the chicken is cooked through and prosciutto is nice and crispy. Remove from pan and set aside to rest a few minutes.
- Be careful not to overcook the chicken, the small breasts turned out dry...

Enjoy!!! with a nice salad or potato latkes (like we did, recipe to come shortly)

1 comment:

  1. That seems delicious ! I have to try it. E

    ReplyDelete