I swear I am trying to keep up with the blog but when I get home in the evening I tend to be so tired that i don't want to do much... Right now I am suppose to sort through a new blog I am reading, make a couple albums, post recipe, organize recipes, write recipes... My computer broke last week and got fixed day before yesterday and I had a somewhat active social life for the past two days. Those things are not helping with that to-do list. And being without my laptop was not the most enjoyable experience either, I am sooooo addicted to it...
On top of that I have class that is taking more and more time, I am not sure if I am starting to enjoy it or not, helping students is rewarding, teaching not so much so far... That soup was a little like that I did not like it at first but now I am completely head over heels in love with it, DO NOT skip the lime and peanuts they are what makes it so delicious!!!!
Thai chicken soup
Recipe adapted from Bev cooksIngredients
- 3 chicken breas
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 (13.5 oz) cans coconut milk
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 oz thin rice noodles
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups fresh beans sprouts
- 1 jalapenos, finely sliced
- 2 limes, for garnish
- chopped peanuts, for garnish
- In a pot, add the coconut milk, broth, garlic, ginger, chicken, jalapeno, soy sauce, a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Simmer for 3 hours (until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily).
- Remove chicken from pot and shred with two forks. Return to pot. Add the rice noodles, bell pepper and sprouts. Cook 30 more minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve each bowl garnished with sliced jalapeno, a small handful of chopped peanuts and some lime.