Monday, January 2, 2012

Meyer lemon dressing

I apologize for the absence of pictures in this post... I will try to add some later :)

Happy new year!!! This should hopefully be an exciting year and we will get to see 2013, I know that it is most likely non-sense but seeing all those documentaries on how the world is suppose to end in 2012 kinda freaks me out... Anyway this is a year that starts with some big changes on my side, I will get back to that later as it unfolds but lets just say that I have a few busy months ahead of me. This all starts with me partially moving back to Florida, I will be teaching there at the university for at least 1 semester (completely freaks me out but a job is a job, right?...). This will be "interesting", I am leaving all my stuff here with Matt in Philly, I will just take what fits in my car, which is not much once you have added a co-pilot (15h drive over night..), 2 dogs, crates and tv. I will have to make do with a fairly basic kitchen, right now I am thinking cast iron skillet and French oven, couple plates & bowls, silverware and a wisk, I will buy things as I need them. 

Anyway, this more of a warning to you, there will be less cooking probably and somewhat different, much less baking and more soups and salads since that's what I enjoy eating when I am left on my own.
I do still have some holiday recipes to share with you and I will do that but to start this new year to a fresh start I thought I would share with you a salad dressing. I am usually just oil and vinegar (much more vinegar than oil) kinda gal, or light Italian, but I came across a bag of Meyer lemon at the market and I could not resist getting it. I made lemon bars (to come) and then I thought I would give a shot to that recipe for a change, OMG this is so good!!!! I tossed it on some romaine with tomato, blue cheese and crispy bacon bits and I was in light food heaven... So here you go:

Meyer lemon dressing
Recipe from White on rice couple 
Ingredients
- 2 tbsp Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to personal taste
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mayo (I use light mayo)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed in a garlic press

Directions
Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Whisk together until mayo blends into vinaigrette, leaving no lumps, I usually start with the mayo, adding the liquid slowly, like a slurry.

Enjoy over your favorite salad combination

1 comment:

  1. Please, please; pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase Alex!
    Could translate your recipes in french?0
    Puisque tu auras moins de temps pour cuisiner, tu auras davantage de temps pour traduite celles déjà publiées
    ;)

    Your lovin' Sista

    ReplyDelete