Monday, January 16, 2012

Thai chicken salad

My kitchen is slowly expending, it's interesting how fast that goes. I am not done with sharing my holiday recipes but today I decided to share a simple recipe that I ate over and over again last week. For some reason being back in Florida puts me in the mood for healthier food. I crave veggies and seafood. Oh and I am also in thai kick it seems. I just cooked some more developed recipes over the week end. One of the drawback of living alone is that I cooked 2 dishes to have some variety and now I have food for 2 weeks!!! Seriously!!! I don't think I can cook for 1 or 2 people, unless one of them seriously over eats. 

Anyway... I don't have many pictures of that recipe, last week end I was not really in the mood to cook (yes that does happen to me from time to time :) ). I had just driven 15h over night, started a new job and was trying to get settled in my new place. This is why I decided to make salads and sandwiches, they are easy, quick and healthy. I was also super excited to finally find some bean sprouts in my favorite grocery store. 

I always need to have some kind of protein on cheese in my salad, otherwise it is not really filling to me. This is why I decided to make some Asian inspired grilled chicken, I marinated, grilled and cubed 3 chicken breast and that I used in salads all week.

It required the purchase of a cutting board, I had everything else :).

Asian inspired chicken salad:
Ingredients
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in halves (helps the marinating process and cooks faster)
- 1/4c soy sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1tsp sugar
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- lemon dressing (I added some soy sauce to taste)
- lettuce, shredded
- bean sprouts
- tomato, chopped
- broccoli, blanched and cut in florets
- peanuts, chopped
- cucumber, chopped,
- any other salad ingredients that float your boat :)

Instruction:
- In a 1 quart ziplock bag, place the chicken, soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar and lemon. Mix well and let marinate for a few hours.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken until cooked all the way through, cubed and reserve.
- Mix all your salad ingredient to your liking, add cubed chicken and drizzle with dressing (you don't really need me to tell you how to make a salad, right?!!!)

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I try it and this was delicious. Thanks Lex for sharing you recipes with us. E.

    ReplyDelete