Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Coffeecake muffins

I am not sure if it is Christmas coming around the corner or my mom being here but recipes are piling up!!! I had a hard time to decide what to share with you next. I think that I need to make a list so that I don't skip anything!

I decided to share one of the recipes I made for Matt's office party, I have a mildish nut (walnut and now pecan :( ) allergy so I could only taste a bite of those coffeecake muffins but none of them came back so I assume this means that they are approved ;).

I love love love coffeecake (who doesn't???) and any cake that has sour cream in it so I was quite excited about those, I just wish the pecans wouldn't give me sores... (this worries me a little, because pecan pie is my favorite boohoohoo)

Anyway, here we go:
Coffeecake muffins
Recipe from Brown eyed baker
Ingredients
- 1/2 c pecans
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 c AP flour
- 1 c sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 c) butter, cubed and softened
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 c sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F.
Place the pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor equipped with a metal blade, pulse in a coarse meal (pecans about the size of sesame seeds).
Reserve
Pulse the flour, sugar and salt in the food processor until combined. Sprinkle the butter uniformly over the mixture and pulse until it has the texture of wet sand (butter about the size of oats)
Add 1/2 c of the flour mixture to the pecan mixture, combine with a fork.
Add baking soda and baking powder to the remaining flour mixture, pulse until combined.
Mix sour cream, egg and vanilla, whisk until combined.
Pour uniformly over the flour mixture, pulse until the flour is just moistened. 
Add 3/4 of the pecan mixture to the flour and pulse until just distributed, reserve the rest for topping.
Divide uniformly among 12 lined muffin cups, divide the pecan mixture among the muffins.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out dry (almost), about 18 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment